I have for you today, Bread Poha which can be made in a jiffy & is very nutritious. I got hooked to Bread Poha during my MBA days. A Dhaba close to my college made the tastiest Bread Poha.
Here's my attempt to recreate the JhatPhat Recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 3-4 slices of bread ( brown/white ) - cut into medium sized squares
- 1 red onion - finely chopped
- 1 green chilli - chopped
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard Seeds
- Heat Oil in a wok, Add mustard seeds
- Once it splutters, Add green chillies & a pinch of turmeric
- Add onions & Saute till transparent.
- Add bread pieces & add salt as per taste. Saute until the bread pieces turn a little crisp.
- Mix well & Serve HOT ..
Enjoy with a cuppa HOT Tea/Coffee. Enjoi !!!
- If your are a health freak, use brown bread & olive oil
- Spice up your Bread Poha by adding some finely chopped bell peppers & grated carrots.
I love it when the bread is slightly crisp. Goes well with the sweet taste of sauteed onions. I do not like to add too many ingredients to this. I keep it simple with the basic seasoning & let the flavor of the bread come up.
This is my entry for Raaga's Event Express Breakfasts