Preparation Time : 30 mins
- 1 cup long grained basmati rice
- 1 cup mint leaves/pudina - finely chopped
- Curry leaves
- Green Peans
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Garlic - 2-3 pods (optional )
- Green cardomoms 4-5
- Peppercorns 3-4
- Cinnamon sticks 2-3
- Cumin seeds/jeera
- Bay leaves
- Jeera powder
- Corriander powder
- Ansie seeds - 1 star
- Green chillies - 2-3 low/medium spiced
- Finely chopped onions - 2
- Salt as per taste
- Grind mint leaves, cilantro, ginger, garlic, saunf & green chillies into a smooth paste bu adding little water .
- Heat ghee/oil in a cooker, add cumin seeds to it.
- when it crackles, add bay leaves, green cardomons, peppercorns, ansie seeds & cinnamon sticks
- Add chopped onions & fry till it turns transparent
- Add the ground paste & saute it for 2 mins
- Add basmati rice & fry for 1 min
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water
- Add green peas & salt as per taste
- Squeeze lemon
- Cover the lid, when done, remove the lid n mix it thoroughly
- Granish with cashewnuts & cilantro
Serve with raita. Tastes best when served hot. Enjoi !!!
Dee of Ammalu's Kitchen is hosting the Event: Herb Mania-MINT
I send this Pulao to Dee's place as my entry for the event.
Thanks Dee for hosting :)