This Gravy is one of my all time favourites. I came across this recipe on a cookery show & I was tempted to try it out . It turned out to be very delicious & ever since it has become a regular dish at our home. What I really like about this dish is that it is very simple to make & Green Gram gives a very different flavour to the gravy. You could even use sprouted green gram as a healthier option.
Tastes good with Rotis or Pooris or even Rice.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups Green Gram/Moong Beans - soaked for 15 mins
- 1 big onion - finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 2 bell peppers/capsicum - chopped into large chunks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli - slit length wise
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook Green Gram
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add cumin seeds
- Once the seeds splutter, add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli & saute for 30 secs
- Add onions & saute till it turns transparent
- Add tomatoes & saute for another 2 mins
- Add bell peppers alongwith Chilli powder & Garam Masala, Fry till oil separates
- Add cooked green gram & salt, Mix well
- Cook on low flame for 5 - 8 mins
Serve HOT with Rotis/Pooris/Rice .. Enjoi !!!