I love Okra in any form. Iam always on the lookout for new recipes when it comes to okra. I happened to come across this recipe in another blog. The moment read it, I knew I was going to prepare this one. Okra & Soy Sauce, both my favourites is a rare combination.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Okra - 1 cup, cut into pieces of 1 inch in length
- Soy sauce - 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds/Kallonji - 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- 2 -3 Red Chillies - Broken
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bake Okra in the oven for about 5 minutes at 210 C to reduce the stickiness
- Heat oil in a heaby bottomed pan, Add cumin, nigella seeds & Red chillies
- Add okra & saute at regular intervals, till it is completely cooked
- Add Chaat Masala & Soy Sauce & Salt & cook on low flame for another 2-3 minutes
Serve HOT with Rice/Roti .. Enjoi !!!
Note: I did not add much salt as there is enough salt in chaat masala & soy sauce. You could increase/decrease the amount of soy sauce depending on your taste.
Thanks Srivalli, for hosting :)
I shall be sending this recipe to Sia's Place for the event JFI-Soya
Thanks Sia for hosting :)