August 18, 2008

Okra In Soy Sauce


I love Okra in any form. Iam always on the lookout for new recipes when it comes to okra. I happened to come across this recipe in another blog. The moment read it, I knew I was going to prepare this one. Okra & Soy Sauce, both my favourites is a rare combination.
I tweaked the recipe a little, to taste the Indian taste buds. Iam sure, all Okra lovers will enjoy this. Here it is:

Preparation Time: 20 mins

Ingredients:
  1. Okra - 1 cup, cut into pieces of 1 inch in length
  2. Soy sauce - 3 tbsp
  3. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  4. Nigella seeds/Kallonji - 1 tsp
  5. Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
  6. 2 -3 Red Chillies - Broken
  7. Salt - 1/2 tsp
  8. Oil

Method:

  • Bake Okra in the oven for about 5 minutes at 210 C to reduce the stickiness
  • Heat oil in a heaby bottomed pan, Add cumin, nigella seeds & Red chillies
  • Add okra & saute at regular intervals, till it is completely cooked
  • Add Chaat Masala & Soy Sauce & Salt & cook on low flame for another 2-3 minutes

Serve HOT with Rice/Roti .. Enjoi !!!

Note: I did not add much salt as there is enough salt in chaat masala & soy sauce. You could increase/decrease the amount of soy sauce depending on your taste.

I shall be sending across this recipe to Srivalli's place for her Curry Mela.

Thanks Srivalli, for hosting :)



I shall be sending this recipe to Sia's Place for the event JFI-Soya

Photobucket

Thanks Sia for hosting :)

30 comments:

Priti said...

Umm this looks interesting...okra with soya sauce...looks gud

notyet100 said...

hii,.u can send this to ji soya too,...nice combo of soya sauce nd okra,..

Aparna Inguva said...

Okra and sy sauce what a unique combo! Looks mouthwatering

Shreya said...

hmm okra is okra.. it must be yum always.. and this soya sauce version too must be good.. the photograph looks too good..tempting..

Madhavi said...

WOW very nice recipe, and with soy souce hummm delicious!!!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow Wow looks gr8. Soy sauce in orka something to try out. hmmm

Nidhi said...

Interesting combo...Okra wid Soya sauce.

Looks really gud!

srikars kitchen said...

wow... looks gr8... Nice combo... gud entry...

Usha said...

Very unique and interesting combination,looks good :)

Divya said...

First time on your blog... I have a question about the Okra. Whenever I cook it, it kinda turns mushy and slimy. How can that be avoided?

Divya

Suma Rajesh said...

woo..rare combo...looks lovly ..

LG said...

rare combo..we 2 love bendekayi very much.

SriLekha said...

hi
subscribe in as a reader of sangeeth's Letusallcook (http://letusallcook.blogspot.com/) blog
and send her a mail to her id letusallcook@gmail.com that u have subscribed as a reader to her blog
and do not forget to mention my name (srilekha of http://srishkitchen.blogspot.com) as a referral person
and plz inform me the same
bye!

Sia said...

brillinet recipe girl. thanks you for sending this to me:)

Jeena said...

This is very tasty indeed!

Ramya Bala said...

very gd idea to bake it initially and adding soysauce is really innovative

Sireesha said...

okra with soya sauce looks good and delicious..Really innovative

Usha said...

There is a surprise waiting for you at my blog,please check it out:)

Purva Desai said...

wow Okra with soya sauce very unusual dish....looks really drooling

sowmya said...

okra looks really tempting..nice recipe!!!

Laavanya said...

What an interesting twist on okra VP...

Paru ... said...

Love okra..

Okra with soya sounds a nice combo..Need to try..Lovely recipe..

Kitchen Flavours said...

There is a suprise for you in my blog. Click here to know what the suprise is, http://kitchenflavours.blogspot.com/2008/07/fruit-chaat.html

SriLekha said...

an award for u in my blog!

Purva Desai said...

Here's a chance to enjoy festivals.
Check out blog for njoying and participating in festival season

karuna said...

okra and soy sauce tht is a new combination to me. will give it a taste try soon.

Curry Leaf said...

Okra baked!? I will try it. Thanks for visiting my blog.The smoothie looks yum

Dershana said...

Okra and soy!! Interesting combo! Just passing by your blog.

I have a liitle something for you at my blog :-)

Srivalli said...

Thanks for the lovely entry!

Sunshinemom said...

This one is new to me! I have not tasted bhindi in Chinese menu - must try!