Poha is a very common dish in most Indian homes. It is super easy to prepare & is really hard to screw up on. When I was new to cooking, I never could prepare it properly, I would always end up over soaking Poha & it would end up turning out to be very soggy.
I once went over to my cousin's place, and my aunt had prepared this version of Poha which I really liked. She had used the thin variety poha, which meant NO soaking in water. I was really thrilled at this because, now it meant that I too could prepare Poha without worrying about it becoming soggy.
The best part about this snack is very light & since coconut is not used, its good for weight watchers too.
Here it is:
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups poha - thin variety
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 tomato - finely chopped
- 3 green chillies low/medium spiced - finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber - finely chopped
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Cilantro - finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan, Add mustard & cumin seeds
- Once the seeds splutter, add chopped green chillies
- Add a pinch of turmeric
- Add onions & saute till it turns transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cucumber & Poha
- Add a pinch of sugar & salt as per taste
- Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
Enjoi !!!NOTE: DO NOT add water as there is enough water from cucumber & tomatoes to make it a little soggy