Preparation Time: 30 mins
You Will Need:
- 12-15 Baby Corn - cut vertically into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas - fresh/frozen
- 1 red onion - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 small tomato - finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies - slit length wise
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kitchen King masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Boil baby corn juliennes in heavily salted water with turmeric for about 10 - 12 minutes. Baby Corn should be tender fork.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, Add cumin seeds, once the seeds pop & splutter, add green chillies & ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped onions & saute till they turn transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes & saute for a minute. Add red chilli powder, & cook until oil separates.
- Add yogurt & kasuri methi & bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add cooked baby corn & grean peas. Add some more water & cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala & Kitchen King Masala. Check for salt. Mix well.
Serve with Rotis/Pulao/Biryani/Jeera Rice. Enjoi !!!
We had our with some plain paranthas, rice & yogurt. It was one wholesome meal for the weekend. This recipe is a definite addition to my list regular recipes. It will definitely be making this again.
How about you trying this for lunch today?
If you do not want to use yogurt, add an additional tomato for the tangy taste. I have added yogurt to get a creamier texture as this dish is rather dry.