I love Pasta. I am a huge pasta eater because it is such a comfort food. I think most of us do love pasta because our bodies are designed to love carbohydrates.
I love all kinds of pasta, Penne being my all time favorite. Speaking of Penne Pasta, Iam sure all pasta enthusiasts, particularly CheeseCake Factory fans will be familiar with Evelyn's Favorite Pasta.
Evelyn's Favorite Pasta is so wonderfully comforting. Tossed with olive oil, some nice roasted vegetables & lovely basil & parmesean cheese, it is sure to please your tastebuds. It is so fully of flavor, hearty & makes a delicious, easy dinner. This is one of the healthier Pasta options if you happen to be a health freak.
Also, I recently discovered that, Whole Wheat pasta tastes exactly like traditional pasta. Why dont you guys switch over to whole wheat pasta too. Its a lot healthier for you.
Since I do not have the option to go over to CheeseCake Factory, Here's my attempt to recreate the pasta magic at home,
Preparation Time: 30 mins
You will need:
- 2 cups Penne Rigate
- 1/2 an eggplant - cubed
- 1 green bell pepper - cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp dry basil leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
- Salt as per taste
- Boil Pasta in heavily salted water as per package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan, Add chopped eggplants, broccoli florets & saute for a while.
- Add chopped bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts & saute over medium flame until the vegetables are well roasted. See to it that the vegetables retain their crunch. Do Not over cook the vegetables.
- Mix in cooked pasta, basil leaves, parmesean cheese & some salt. Mix well & simmer on low heat for about 4 - 5 minutes until the pasta is well coated with vegetables.
Serve HOT with some grated cheese. Enjoi !!!
You could also add some roasted artichoke & olives. I omitted it as I didn't want to mix in too many flavors. I DO NOT recommend adding these. But you can go ahead & add them if you like to.