Last week was one such day when I was at my laziest best. Having skipped breakfast, I was too hungry to have eaten those bits n bobs. I had some leftover broccoli florets lying in the refrigirator for nearly a week. With some sundried tomatoes & fettuccine pasta, I whipped up this quick meal.
Here's how I made it,
You Will Need:
- Fettuccine Pasta - 300 gms
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp - black pepper powder - coarsely ground
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Cook Pasta in a huge pot of heavily salted water as per package instructions for about 8 minutes or until cooked. Do Not overcook the pasta. Drain & keep aside
- I added a pinch of turmeric to the boiling water for that bright yellow color. I know it sounds crazy to add turmeric in an Italian dish, but well, it did look bright
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan & saute broccoli until tender. The florets must retain their cruch.
- Add sundried tomatoes & pasta. Add in lemon juice & black pepper powder & toss well to combine. Adjust salt as per taste
- Garnish with lemon zest & Serve HOT.
Can be served as Pasta Salad too at room temprature.
I made these on a whim & it turned out to be great. This time around, I experimented with lemons & I wasn't disappointed. The lemon juice & zest are the highlights add a nice flavor to the dish. The lemony flavor blends well with black pepper & give broccoli a nice spicy & lemony crunch. Sun dried tomatoes add a bit of flavor from their side & binds well with fettucine. Together, it made a great dish.
This did put a satisfying end to my hunger, without much effort. I will be making this again, probably on another lazy day.
This goes to Vaishali's , Its a Vegan World: Italian !!