- 3 large sized carrots - cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh Methi/Fenugreek leaves - finely chopped
- A handful of green peas - fresh/frozen (optional)
- 1 onion - chopped finely
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 2 green chillies - slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Par boil chopped carrots in the microwave or on stove-top
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan & add cumin seeds, once the seeds pop & splutter, add grated ginger, green chillies & saute for a few seconds
- Add chopped onions & saute till they turn pink,
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder & saute till oil separates & tomatoes become pulpy.
- Add fresh fenugreek leaves & green peas & saute for a minute.
- Add parboiled carrots & cook on low flame until completely cooked
- Add Kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- Adjust salt according to taste & mix well
Serve HOT with Rotis .. Enjoi !!!
We really did enjoy this for lunch with some warm rotis & yogurt. The otherwise sweet carrots blend well with the slighlty bitter taste of fenugreek leaves & red chilli powder gives it the much needed heat.
Give your regular curries a break & try this one !!!
This goes to RCI:Haryana ..