Since, both of us don't have a major sweet tooth, I wanted to make something that's not overly sweet but something very very special. It We love mangoes, & I settled for some lovely Aamras. I hadn't made Aamras in a while & this was the perfect excuse. What's summer without some mangoes right??
This version is slightly different as mango is not pureed here. Mangoes cubes are mashed instead which gives it a nice texture. The chopped almonds add a nice little crunchy bite.
You Will Need:
- 4 Mangoes ( I used Alphonso)
- Half a litre of milk
- 4 tbsp sugar ( Use more if you have a sweet toooth)
- A pinch of powdered green cardamom
- A pinch of saffron ( dissolved in a tbsp of warm milk )
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Peel the mangoes, cube them & give them a slight mash with the back of a fork
- In a container, add milk, mashed mango, sugar & cardamom powder & mix well.
- Top with saffron & chopped almonds.
Serve CHILLED with HOT puris or Enjoi as a drink.
- Try replacing half the quantity of milk with condensed milk for a more creamier texture.
- If using condensed milk, you may want to reduce the quantity of sugar.
- You can use skimmed milk for a healthier version.
- You could go ahead and puree the mangoes, if you do not like bite into them. ( I personally prefer this version )
Hope you guys enjoy this one, as much as we did . . .