There are times when all I would want to eat is some HOT steamed rice with some fresh vegetables. A great way to fix this simple meal is to steam your favorite vegetables & spice them with some wonderful herbs.
I usually make this dish, with green beans & carrots as they are usually lying around in my pantry & they pair up really really well.
The herbs spice up the dish adding that 'zing' to the otherwise bland vegetables.
You Will Need:
- 250g Green Beans - Tender & Fresh (trimmed)
- 200g Carrots ( julienned )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves - crushed
- 1 tsp thyme leaves - crushed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a large uncovered saucepan, Cook Beans & Carrots in salted boiling water on medium heat for about 6-8 mins or until tender crisp
- Drain excess water.
- Return Beans to the sauce pan, toss with olive oil, crushed rosemary & thyme leaves. Add black pepper powder. Stir over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving
Transfer to a serving bowl & serve warm with HOT steamed rice or even Fried Rice. Enjoi !!!
NOTE: You could also serve this as a salad or simple much them when you are hungry.