What would one do if there are a lot of fruits in the pantry? Go on a Fruit Diet?? Hell No, I didn't have the least bit of inclination to do that ..
I don't have a major sweet tooth, But the other day, I was in this mood to indulge a bit. So I went ahead, & made this Fruit Kheer.
I think, this is a perfect party dessert, delicious & easy to make. I am definitely making this next time we have guests around.
- 1 litre Milk
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 12-15 Almonds - soaked in warm water
- 12-15 Cashewnuts - soaked in warm water
- 1 Mango - finely chopped
- 1 Apple - finely chopped
- A handful of seedless Grapes - finely chopped
- 3 ripe Bananas - finely chopped
- A handful of Pomegranate
- A pinch of Saffron - soaked in a tbsp of warm milk
- 5 tbsp sugar - More if you are fond of sweets
- 1/2 tsp of green cardamom powder
- Grind soaked almonds & cashews using very little milk into a smooth paste & set aside
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, bring milk to a boil. Add condensed milk & sugar & keep stirring continuously over low heat.
- Add the cashew-almond paste & simmer the mixture for about 10-15 minutes. The mixture would have a nice creamy consistency by now.
- Turn off the stove & let it cool for a while. Add chopped fruits & Cardamom powder
- Garnish with saffron & almond silvers
- Chill for a whole before serving .. Enjoi
I had this before lunch, after lunch & also in the evening instead of coffee. This really turned out to be better than expected. I loved it. Its packed with fresh fruits, Now, doesn't that give you an excuse to indulge ??