As I drown my idlis into a huge bowl of chutney, I know, this isn't doing any good to my body. Nevertheless, I relish it.
The other day, I was looking for some low-cal chutney solutions. And, I found one here.
This chutney goes well with Idlis/Dosas/Rottis. But if you cannot do without your beloved coconut chutney, don't make this one :)
You Will Need:
- 4 carrots - peeled & diced
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tsp tamarind extract
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A handful of curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Parboil the diced carrots & let them cool.
- grind it coarsely along with salt & tamarind extract
- Temper with mustrad seeds, green chillies & curry leaves