I got this recipe from an online cookbook, & I dont really remember the source. I made this ages & I really really loved it. I saw it in the drafts just yesterday, & I wonder why I never made it again. ( Don't you think there are too many 'I's out there ?? )
This comes in handy when there are absolutely no fancy vegetables in the pantry & you just have some basics stocked up.
You Will Need:
- 3-4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 medium sized onions - chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts - roasted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric & salt.
- Make tiny slits on the tomatoes & marinate for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, gring roasted peanuts & poppy seeds in a fine paste adding a dash of water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add chopped onions & saute until pink. To this, add the tomatoes from the marinade & cook until tender.
- Now, add the yogurt mixture & cook until the gravy thickens.
- To this, add the peanuts-poppy seeds paste, Garam Masala & mix well.
Garnish with chopped Cilantro & serve HOT .. Enjoi !!!
Eat it with rice or Phulkas, or serve with some Jeera Rice. Either way, you will love it.
NOTE: Next time, I will add some green peas along. I think, they will add a nice bite.