January 28, 2010

Aloo Bhindi aur Gobi ki Subzi

Have you ever thrown some ingredients together & made a good recipe? Somehow, these throw it together, no effort meals always taste great, don't they?

I made this curry from the odds & ends in the fridge. I am a huge fan of aloo bhindi & aloo gobi so this couldn't have been anything less than, super yummy.

Aloo Bhindi aur Gobi ki Subzi

You Will Need:

  • 2 large potatoes - diced
  • 1 cup cauliflower florets
  • 1 cup okra/ladies finger - chopped into 1' pieces
  • A handful of green peas - fresh/frozen
  • 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
  • Salt as per taste
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil

Method:

  • Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/Kadhai, add okra & saute till half done,
  • To this, add potatoes, cauliflower florets, green peas, turmeric, salt & red chilli powder & mix well
  • Cover with a lid & let it cook on medium flame. Keep checking in between to avoid the bottom from getting burnt. You may require an additional tsp of oil at this time.
  • The vegetables must be completely cooked yet firm.
  • Check ofr salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoi with rice or rotis.

I threw in whatever I had. You could even add some chopped onions & tomatoes for a jucier version of the curry.

How about giving your leftover aloo bhindi or aloo gobi a new tiwst?

So tell me what are your 'throw it together, no effort, favorite meals' like?

33 comments:

Asha said...

Easy to make and looks delicious. Great combo of Okra and aloo, love it.

Smitha said...

Luv Aloo Bhindi n Gobi.. this dish combines two of my favorite veggies, luv it..
My favorite 'throw it together, no effort favorite meal is 'dal' with assorted veggies/greens...

Anu said...

Looks delicious...

Kitchen Flavours said...

I always like combo recipe...this looks yummy and flavour rich....

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

All these veggies sounds really great and ofcourse throwing in all odd things many times have turned out very delicious and a notable recipe too!!!

Mona said...

Nice addition of flavors. Looks delicious.

Usha said...

Looks delicious ! Loved the combination of vegetables here...

Priya said...

Ultimate combination!!looks incredible Deesha..

Cham said...

Haha I do a lot and scrap my head after few days.... Look delicious this veggie....

Rachana Kothari said...

Hey Deesha,
The subzi looks really tempting and a nice click:)

Ramya Manja said...

Wow I can add this recipe to my culinary book,looks so delicious...

Sashi said...

Simple and tasty, Nice Presentation !!!

Madhavi said...

Nice combo..yummm subji!!!

Nandini said...

Subzi looks tempting and I always love this combo.
I have in my draft in different method!

Prathibha said...

Yummy sabzi.....I also just mix and match the veggies in stir-fry

Tina said...

Nice comb dear..Sounds yummy and gud...

Sonia said...

Odd combo but looks really delicious! :) Pic is so good Deesha.

Padhu said...

I have never combined okra with cauliflower and potatoes.Nice combo

Parita said...

New combo! Never combined aloo, bhindi and cauliflower together..sounds yumm!

priya said...

looks yummy...perfect with rotis and parathas...love to have it anytime!

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovely veggie...

sowmya.s said...

simple and delicious curry

Jaya said...

Deesha,
I love alo bhindi as much as aloo gobhi but gobhi+bhindi+aloo never tried making..this looks delicious though ..
hugs and smiles

Supriya Nair said...

I share the same thoughts....Additionally, potatoes sometimes prove to be a very useful companion. Lovely click and the recipe is so tempting here...

Jyoti V said...

Nice combo recipe..

Sush said...

what an unusual combination! I always get skeptical to mix bhindi with other vegetables as it gets slimy. This dry sabzi looks great. Shall give a try sometime :)

Valarmathi said...

Nice combo, looks delicious and tempting.

Faiza Ali said...

Nice combination of of veggies...they are my fav veggies too... will try this next time.

Suparna said...

hey deesha,
Looks like a typical dhaba preparation...absolutely drool worthy...I've made aloo gobi, but including bhindi is def a great idea...good one dear and thanks for the tip :)
TC

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

what an unusual combo!! never tried it.

Laavanya said...

Now that's a combination I haven't had before looks delish

Indhu said...

such simple sabzis are very comforting, aren't they? :)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Nice one...