Do you find yourself craving for some fried goodies or sweets ?? I do, most of the times. But I do not always give in to the temptation. I grab a cucumber or munch on roasted almonds or max, I bite into a small piece of dark chocolate.
Yesterday, I made some spicy potato sticks just like that. They always taste great right? So I ate quite a bit & now I am guilty ...
If you are not counting calories, go make them now ...
You Will Need:
- 4 -5 large potatoes
- Salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash & dry the potatoes. Halve the potatoes & cut them into 1/2 inch sticks.
- In a vessel, pour ice cold water & 3 tsp salt. Soak potato sticks for 30 mins. Drain & place potatoes on paper towels & pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together salt & red chilli powder. Add potato sticks. Toss to coat well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. When the oil is hot, deep fry the potato sticks in batches until golden brown. This should take about 3-4 mins.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Let them cool & store in a air-tight jar.
Munch on these whenever you feel like. Enjoi !!!