You Will Need:
- 100g Chickpeas - soaked overnight or for 5-6 hrs
- 500g Pumpkin - Peeled & diced into medium sized cubes
- 2 red onions - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated coconut - fresh
- 2 cardamom pods
- cinnamon - 1 small stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 green chillies
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Salt as per taste.
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Pressure cook chickpeas with some salt until tender. Drain & set aside.
- Grind grated coconut, cardamom , cinnamon, green chillies & turmeric into a smooth paste adding very little water
- In a large pan, splutter cumin seeds, add chopped onions & fry until they turn pink.
- Add the ground paste & fry for a couple of mins. Add diced pumpkin & add about less than 1/2 a cup of water & cook until tender.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk & salt. Bring it to a simmer & cook for about 10 mins. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Turn off the stove & transfer to a serving dish.
Serve HOT with Warm Naans/Rotis .. Enjoi !!!