Almost every morning, I promise myself to eat healthy. I normally do good throughout the day, But by evening, this little monster in by belly craves for some evening munchies. And, thanks to my family, there is always an ample stock of Aloo Bhujia, Sev & some yummy Kodbale.
I honestly feel that I would be doing much better, if I could curb my Evening Munchies. I guess the best way to deal with this is probably eat a fruit or something
But a low-calorie snack is even better. It takes care of your tastebuds. Which is why I love Spiced Puffed Rice. Works great as an evening treat
You Will Need:
- Puffed Rice/Mamra/Kadle Puri - 3 litres
- 2 fistfuls - groundnuts
- 1 fistful - Roasted Split Gram/Dalia
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 8 - 10 dry red chillies - broken
- A few sprigs of curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 6-8 garlic pods
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add groundnuts & fry on low flame for a couple of mins.
- Add dalia, red chillies, turmeric, red chilli powder, curry leaves, garlic pods one at a time. Fry on low heat until groundnuts become crisp.
- Add puffed rice & salt & mix well till the puffed rice is fully coated with spices.
- Let it cool & store in air-tight jars.
Enjoi your evenings with a HOT cuppa Coffee & Spiced Puffed Rice ...
This is a great option, if you are seeking far more unhealthier stuff like pakodas & Bhajjis. And yes, they are great for picnics too.
Happy Munching :)