This curry gets its distinct taste from Rasam Powder, a staple at most South Indian homes. That's it.. Just Rasam Powder & it tastes so darn good
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Asian Eggplants - Diced & immersed in cold water
- 1 tsp Rasam Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Tamarind extract
- 1 tbsp fresh Grated Coconut
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking Oil
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,splutter mustard seeds. Add Urad & Chana Dal & allow it to slightly change color.
- Add Eggplants, Rasam Powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder & mix well.
- Add Tamarind extract & Salt. Close the lid & cook over medium flame. Saute at regular intervals to avoid the bottom from getting burnt.
- Don't let the eggplants get mushy, They should be cooked & firm. Check for salt & Garnish with grated coconut. Transfer to a serving dish.
Serve HOT with steamed rice & Rasam or even Phulkas. Enjoi !!!!
I made this for lunch today & served it with Rice & Rasam .. & we all Loved it :)