I can survive without coconut, But Shankar cannot .. So, I made this specially for him during one of our travels. He hadn't eaten coconut in a while & was craving for a coconut based dish. So I ran to the supermarket, bought a can of coconut milk & made this one
I just went about adding whatever little was available in the pantry & I turned out really good .. Very mildly spicy & just a little sweetness coming form coconut milk .. Maybe you guys should try this too
You will Need:
- 1 cup Sona Masuri/Basmati Rice ( I used Sona Masuri )
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded carrots
- 3 baby corn - julienned
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies - slit
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil
- Wash rice in several changes of water. Heat Ghee in a pressure pan, Add washed rice & saute until aromatic. Add 1 cup water, 1 1/4 cups pf coconut milk & pressure cook until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate & allow it to cool completely.
- In a Kadhai, heat cooking oil, Add green chillies, Ginger-garlic paste & saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions & cook until it turns pink. Add chopped tomatoes, baby corn & shredded carrots. Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk, red chilli powder & some salt & allow it to get cooked on medium heat.
- Dont allow the vegetables to get mushy. Once done, add rice, Garam Masala & salt as per your taste.
- Mix gently & allow it to stand on low heat for a couple of mins.
Serve with Onion Raita ... Enjoi !!!