October 29, 2010

Quick Aloo Tikki

These tikkis are super yummy. The moment my friend Rajini, told me about these, I came home & tried it immediately. I had about 2 large potatoes, so I made around 8 tikkis & ate all of them by myself  :)

Quick Aloo Tikki

You Will Need:
  • 2 large potatoes - Boiled, Peeled & Mashed
  • 1 cup fine semolina
  • 1 tbsp boiled green peas - mashed
  • 1 tbsp grated Carrots
  • 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
  • 1 tsp Chaat Masala
  • 1 tbsb finely chopped cilantro
  • Salt as per taste
  • Oil for Shallow frying

How To:
  • In a large bowl, Mix together mashed potatoes, green peas, carrots, semolina, green chillies, Chaat Masala & salt. Knead well to form a dough.
  • Divide into equal sized portions & shape them into tikkis.
  • Heat the griddle & shallow fry until golden brown

Serve HOT with Mint chutney or Tomato Sauce .. Enjoi !!!!

22 comments:

Satya said...

wow those aloo tikkis looks so perfect n inviting ..superb clicks too

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com






Dr.Sameena Prathap
said...

Hi Deesha,

That looks so yummm>>:)Lovely cute aaloo tikki...:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Kairali sisters said...

looks yumm yummy..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Awesome tikkis... Would love to have some...

Prathibha said...

Loved the addition of semolina while mixing d tikki..I roll my tikkis in semolina sometimes,but I never added such a large proportion...sounds nice...looks really yummy...

Sharmilee! :) said...

Perfect and tempting alu tikki...looks so gud

Paaka Shaale said...

Great recipe deesha. And beautiful shot

Nithya said...

Yumm Yumm Yummy :) I love it totally. Simple and potatoes!! thats more than a reason to try them out :)

swapna said...

perfect aloo tikki....yummy!!!

Priya said...

Fabulous looking tikkis..am just drooling here..

Vasavi Suresh said...

Just tempting...

Mangala Bhat said...

wow! yummy

Nitha said...

Looks delicious..

Rachana said...

A perfect and a delicious Snack!

LG said...

slurrp..looks super yumm..

Reshmi said...

yummylecious aaloo tkki...

Suparna said...

hi deesha,
Pretty tikkis :)neat click and presentation as always :)

Wishing u and ur family a beautiful festival of lights along with manifolds of the happiness and brightness if offers!
TC

chitraj.hegde said...

Hey,,,Mouth watering tikki.....looking very nice..

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious potato cakes
check out the event in my site

Pranathi said...

All by Yourself??? :O
Next time call me too :)

meeso said...

I love these quick and easy recipes, especially if they produce something so good :)

Wellwin ray said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
fruits online shopping chennai