There is something special about soups, when there is a nip in the air, Isn't it?? I love having soups throughout the year, but a Hot bowl of soup with some warm garlic bread on cold winters is a real heart warmer.
Potatoes & Leeks are an awesome together. The flavors combine really well & is quite filling too because of all the starch from the potatoes.
You Will Need:
- 2 Leeks - thinly sliced
- 2 large Potatoes - peeled & cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock/water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt as per taste
- Chives for garnish
- Heat Oil in a pot, Add chopped garlic & bayleaf. Saute for a minute. Later, add chopped leeks & cook for 2-3 mins till the leeks are tender.
- Add cubed potatoes & water or vegetable stock with some salt& red chilli powder. Cook covered until the potaoes are fully cooked.
- Discard the bayleaf & blend the soup in a blender. Return the soup to the pot & reheat. Add freshly cracked pepper & check for Salt. Garnish with Chives
Serve HOT !!! Enjoi !!!!
The original recipe does not call for Red Chilli Powder, but I added it to satisfy my Indian tastebuds.
I had this yummy soup with some warm garlic bread & it definitely was a winter warmer.