Have you ever thrown some ingredients together & made a good recipe? Somehow, these throw it together, no effort meals always taste great, don't they?
I made this curry from the odds & ends in the fridge. I am a huge fan of aloo bhindi & aloo gobi so this couldn't have been anything less than, super yummy.
You Will Need:
- 2 large potatoes - diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup okra/ladies finger - chopped into 1' pieces
- A handful of green peas - fresh/frozen
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/Kadhai, add okra & saute till half done,
- To this, add potatoes, cauliflower florets, green peas, turmeric, salt & red chilli powder & mix well
- Cover with a lid & let it cook on medium flame. Keep checking in between to avoid the bottom from getting burnt. You may require an additional tsp of oil at this time.
- The vegetables must be completely cooked yet firm.
- Check ofr salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoi with rice or rotis.
I threw in whatever I had. You could even add some chopped onions & tomatoes for a jucier version of the curry.
How about giving your leftover aloo bhindi or aloo gobi a new tiwst?
So tell me what are your 'throw it together, no effort, favorite meals' like?