January 20, 2011

Easy Garlic Bread

The other day, I & a friend of mine were generally discussing about food, & we had a sudden craving for Garlic Bread. Even after I hung up, I somehow just couldn't stop thinking about it. Especially, the one from Domino's. I love it & I can eat it everyday :)

I obviously didn't have the patience to make it from scratch, so I made this semi homemade easy version of Garlic Bread. All you need is some bread, herbs & ofcourse some garlic.

French Baguette works great for this one. Since, I didn't have one, I used regular white bread.

Easy Garlic Bread

You Will Need:
  • 4 slices white Bread/French Baguette
  • 2 tsp Butter
  • 2 tsp Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp Oregano
  • 1 tsp chopped Parsley
  • 2 tsp finely chopped Garlic
  • Salt as per taste
How To:
  • In a saucepan, allow butter to melt. Add olive oil & heat it a bit. Add chopped garlic, Oregano & chopped parsley & saute on low heat for about 3 mins.
  • Spread this mix on fresh sliced white bread on both the sides.
  • Toast it on a non stick pan or heat under the broiler until light brown
Serve with a HOT cuppa Coffee .. Makes a great Breakfast .. Enjoi !!!

NOTE: You can add some grated Parmesan on top while toasting the bread. I didn't want to add more calories, so I skipped this on. Moreover I am not a cheese lover. ( YES, I don't like Cheese :):)  !!! )

If you don't have fresh Garlic on hand, you could replace it with Garlic Powder.

21 comments:

Sharmilee! :) said...

This is my fav too...looks and sounds very tempting

Veggie Hut said...

That looks easy!

Nithya said...

Looks super yummy :) Same pinch.. I have been craving for garlic bread for the past few days too :) Your pic has increased my hunger for it :)

Love your clicks buddy :)

Pia said...

Conveting a simple bread into garlic bread. your idea is really nice



Cook Healthy!!

Sayantani said...

great way to turn normal bread to garlic one. love it.

Priya said...

Love garlic bread, sounds absolutely easy..

Madhura Manoj said...

Simple & easy garlic bread.

http://www.easycookingforamateurs.com/

Kannada Cuisine said...

Garlic bread Yum...I made some last week. I just toast my bread and rub a clove of garlic cut in half over it while the bread is still warm.

sheetal paliwal said...

Your pictures are always too good..something unique and different.

LG said...

Simple,quick and tasty. Will try it. I always need something quick for breakfast.

notyet100 said...

perfect with morning tea,..:)

Sush said...

I make something similar adding cheese on weekends. Tastes great!

Divya Kudua said...

Lovely clicks..I make it in a similar method too!!

Prathibha said...

I love garlic bread especially the one's from pizz hut...looks gr8

Priya Sreeram said...

make it the same way too ! looks swell

Padhu said...

Looks so tempting .Feeling hungry after seeing the picture

RAKS KITCHEN said...

I too love this and make now and then,lovely click!

Pavithra said...

Same pinch I made Garlic buns yesterday.. Awesome pictures dearie.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

awesome click and must be so flavorful...

Brad Fallon said...

This looks tasty and very easy to do! I will surely make on of these this evening. Thanks.

Harika's Kitchen said...

Just bumped into your blog Very easy and lovely recipes cannot take of my eyes from your lovely blog...