The other day, I & a friend of mine were generally discussing about food, & we had a sudden craving for Garlic Bread. Even after I hung up, I somehow just couldn't stop thinking about it. Especially, the one from Domino's. I love it & I can eat it everyday :)
I obviously didn't have the patience to make it from scratch, so I made this semi homemade easy version of Garlic Bread. All you need is some bread, herbs & ofcourse some garlic.
French Baguette works great for this one. Since, I didn't have one, I used regular white bread.
You Will Need:
- 4 slices white Bread/French Baguette
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp chopped Parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped Garlic
- Salt as per taste
- In a saucepan, allow butter to melt. Add olive oil & heat it a bit. Add chopped garlic, Oregano & chopped parsley & saute on low heat for about 3 mins.
- Spread this mix on fresh sliced white bread on both the sides.
- Toast it on a non stick pan or heat under the broiler until light brown
Serve with a HOT cuppa Coffee .. Makes a great Breakfast .. Enjoi !!!
NOTE: You can add some grated Parmesan on top while toasting the bread. I didn't want to add more calories, so I skipped this on. Moreover I am not a cheese lover. ( YES, I don't like Cheese :):) !!! )
If you don't have fresh Garlic on hand, you could replace it with Garlic Powder.