March 29, 2011

Tomato Chilli

I hope you didn't come here thinking about a spicy tomato based recipe. Because, I don't have any recipe for today. All I have are some pictures of Tomato Chillies.


Tomato Chilli 1

These chillies look super cute & are mostly used for tempering Dals & other dishes. They are round shaped & almost look like cherry tomatoes. hence, the name I guess ..  I don't think they taste any different though. I don't remember where I saw them for the 1st time, but ever since they caught my fancy, I wanted to buy some.

The other day, I went to an excellent Gourmet Spice store & I noticed these cute chillies. I got a small packet home. You know why a food blogger, who takes pictures of anything edible would buy it right ??

Here's another look, if You'd like to ....

Tomato Chilli 2


Have a super HOT fiery day !!!  ... See you with a recipe soon ...

16 comments:

Priyanka Agrawal said...

i thought the tomatos were coming :)
nice photography!

DEESHA said...

Thanks Priyanka :)

Priya said...

Beautiful click..

Preety said...

amazing click

Madhavi said...

I love these chillies..Gujarati Dal and Gujarati kadhi is incomplete without these chillies!!

Madhavi said...

BTW AWESOME clicks...beautiful :))

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely pictures

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Loved the pics of the chilies. Even our cuisines are incomplete without them.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Jasmine said...

Great blog; happy I found you!very informative and great photography!

Paaka Shaale said...

AWWWW such cute chillies. Even though I have seen these chillies in my local grocers, I never brought them as I did not know what to do with them. I guess I'm more of a byadigi chilli person :)

RS said...

Beautiful photo :)

GEETHA ACHAL said...

its such a catchy click...

Sathya Sankar said...

Awesome click!

Bhagi said...

Haha did think it has to do with some recipe Deesha.....Gr8 clicks.....

Indu said...

hi deesha, I didnt know they were called tomato chilies, agree that they do look cute :D

Pushpa said...

Gorgeous click.