Its summer here & everyone feels like eating an ice cream every now & then .. Storing Ice cream at home is a dangerous thing, especially when I am around, since it will disappear without trace in a couple of days .. Also, too much ice cream is not a good thing, isn't it ?? :)
So, like a good girl, I decided to make Banana Popsicles instead .. They make a great snack, is comparatively low in calories & is very popular with kids. If your kid demands an ice cream often, you know what to make now
You Will Need:
- 3 Bananas - ripe yet firm
- Chocolate flavored Muesli - for rolling
- Nutella - 5 tsp
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Wax Paper
- Slice the banana into halves & insert ice cream sticks & allow them to freeze for about 3 hours or even overnight
- In a microwave safe, bowl melt together nutella & milk for 2 mins. Pour it into a small bowl.
- Dip each banana into the melted nutella & milk syrup & immediately roll into muesli.
- Place a wax paper on a tray & arrange the Popsicles & freeze for at least an hour before serving
- I was meaning to use melted chocolate, since I didn't have any on hand, I used melted Nutella. I guess, you could even use ready made chocolate sauce
- I had loads of chocolate flavored muesli .. But you can use grated coconut or any nuts of your choice for rolling.