April 13, 2011

Nutella & Muesli coated Banana Popsicles

Its summer here & everyone feels like eating an ice cream every now & then .. Storing Ice cream at home is a dangerous thing, especially when  I am around, since it will disappear without trace in a couple of days .. Also, too much ice cream is not a good thing, isn't it ?? :) 

So, like a good girl, I decided to make Banana Popsicles instead .. They make a great snack, is comparatively low in calories & is very popular with kids. If your kid demands an ice cream often, you know what to make now

Banana Popsicle


You Will Need:
  • 3 Bananas - ripe yet firm
  • Chocolate flavored Muesli - for rolling
  • Nutella - 5 tsp
  • 1/4 cup Milk
  • Wax Paper

How To:
  • Slice the banana into halves & insert ice cream sticks & allow them to freeze for about 3  hours or even overnight
  • In a microwave safe, bowl melt together nutella & milk for 2 mins. Pour it into a small bowl.
  • Dip each banana into the melted nutella & milk syrup & immediately roll into muesli.
  • Place a wax paper on a tray & arrange the Popsicles & freeze for at least an hour before serving
Enjoi !!!

NOTE:
  • I was meaning to use melted chocolate, since I didn't have any on hand, I used melted Nutella. I guess, you could even use ready made chocolate sauce
  • I had loads of chocolate flavored muesli .. But you can use grated coconut or any nuts of your choice for rolling.

28 comments:

Sharmilee! :) said...

Lovely idea of adding nutella and museli...both are my fav...looks so good nad classic click

Suparna said...

hi deesha,
lovely idea, looks so yuumy...tinta tinta kaddi saha tinbidtare ;) looks super tasty dear :) :)
tc

Pavithra said...

I love this a lot Deesha.. I make it often. SOmetime I freeze the Banana like banana popsicles..

Pavithra said...

By the way the click is awesome.

Raji said...

This is such a good idea...these popsicles are definitely a healthy alternative to the ice cream..and I am sure kids will love this too. I am bookmarking this to try out for my kiddo.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Amazing looking Popsicles. Must have tasted delicious as well.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Akila said...

wow what an innovative idea dear... simply love it...

Priti said...

Wonderful idea n looks delish ...great to satisfy craving :)

Paaka Shaale said...

A yummy and healthy finger food for kids and adults a like...:)

Suja Sugathan said...

Beautiful and yummy,great idea..classic click.

Kairali sisters said...

Yummy yummm...

Priya said...

Wow stunning clicks, droolworthy popsicles,kid's friendly pops for the sure..

Sathya Sankar said...

Popsicle looks so yum, love nutella and museli!

www.appetitetreats.com

Soma said...

my ears are all in attention with the word Nutella. Lovely snack that my kids would love.

LG said...

banana freeze madidre tinnoke hegirbahudu anta yochista iddini ri, aadre popsicles look yummm..

Curry Leaf said...

AWESOME Kids and adults both will love this. Great click

Mehjabeen Arif said...

aww.. lovely picture.. so tempting!

New to ur space n happy to follow u for upcoming wonderful recipes..

Do visit me when u get time.
http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe and your tips as well, great help for me as a newbie in the kitchen, just starting ang enjoying cooking.

devshreehb said...

Lovely Pic,very tempting and lovely recipe,kindda different.

sowmya's creative saga said...

very creative..looks yumm..

Prathibha said...

I was planning 2 make dem and yesterday and was pleased 2 see them in ur blog..now I m much more tempted..

Suma Gandlur said...

Involving healthier and yummy stuff makes indulging in favorite treats less guiltier, doesn't it?
We are still a couple of months away from summer. :)

lata raja said...

you have such a way to present :0 Loving the recipe as well as the photograph though I have not decided which I like better!

Sensible Vegetarian said...

This looks fantastic. You are absolutely true, frozen bananas with chocolate are definitely much better option than Ice Creams.

Treat and Trick said...

Such an easy and tasty treat! Great click too..

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

love nutella and banana combo. looks very cute.

hemalata said...

Wow wonderful idea.Very healthy and yummy banana combo.I think my kids like this variety item.

Gulmohar said...

This is so cool and delectable :-)A great snack for kids