This might not be a gorgeous looking dish, but the protein packed nutrition in this definitely makes up for its bad looks. I recently discovered, the versatality that tofu has to offer & was amazed to find out that it works as a great substitute for Eggs or even Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese.
I made this simple scramble with Tofu & Spinach. Since Tofu is bland in taste, I used loads of Indian spices for flavour.
You Will Need:
- 300g Firm Tofu - Drained & Crumbled
- 4 small bunches of Spinach - Cleaned & Chopped
- 1 big onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp fresh Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil & splutter cumin seeds. Add fresh grated ginger, green chillies & onions. Saute till it turns pink.
- Add chopped spinach & saute until the leaves are wilted. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & Garam Masala. Mix well & cook for a minute
- Mix in Tofu & add salt a sper taste. Cook on low heat for about mins, stirring in between.
- Turn off the stove & transfer to a serving bowl.
NOTE: I don't recommend using Silken Tofu as it turns into a mush when scrambled. I used regular Firm Tofu.