Cream Cheese wasn't that commonly available in India until a few years ago. Frankly, I didn't even care that much because I really wasn't into different kinds of cuisine & I wasn't really into cooking. The other day, I finally brought home a pack of Britannia cream cheese & it was converted into a herbed spread ... Just perfect for crackers & sandwiches ..
For the Herbed Cream Cheese
- 1 cup softened cream cheese at room temprature - I used Britannia
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt as per taste
- In a large bowl, add everything & give it a gently whisk until combined
- Place in an airtight container & refrigerate for an hour for the flavours to blend
Serve on top of crackers or even as a spread ..
These tea sandwiches are incredibly tasty & very light on the stomach .. Can be eaten for breakfast too .. Who has the time todo elaborate tea these days???
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches:
- Bread - any variety ( I used multi grain )
- Herbed Cream cheese
- Tinly sliced Cucumbers
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Cut bread slices into desired shapes using a cookie cutter or cut them into traingles
- Evenly spread herbed cream cheese. Place cucumber slices on top & garnish with fresh basil.
Serve with your evening tea .. Enjoi !!!