The weather here right now is perfect for a hot bowl of Tomato Soup & if it is spiked with some fresh Rosemary, can it get better than that??
It was very cold & gloomy this afternoon & it was a perfect excuse to dig into some piping hot soup .. I ate mine with some toasted Baguette and Aaah Bliss !!
What I loved was the addition of Rosemary. It adds an interesting twist but it isn't very overpowering. Next time, try adding Rosemary to any of your soups .. You will love it
You will need:
- 3 large Tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 small carrot - diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- A dash of cracked pepper
- Salt as per taste
- In a large pot, heat oilve oil & throw in onions, carrots & garlic. Saute at regular intervals & cook for abour 3 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Tomato Puree, red chilli powder & rosemary. Add some vegetable stock or water & salt. Cook on low flame for about 20 mins.
- Discard Rosemary sprigs & blend into a smooth puree. Strain if you wish to & return to the soup pot, Add fresh cream & check for salt. Gently reheat. Add a dash of cracked pepper before serving.
Serve with some crusty toasted bread .. Enjoi !!!