August 6, 2011

Dilli ki Aloo Matar Chaat

I was looking for something that I can make with potatoes & I fumbled upon this recipe. The moment I read this , I knew I would be making it soon ..

It took about 15 minutes for me to make this & the end result was just yummy

Dilli ki Aloo Matar Chaat


You Will Need:
  • 2 large Potatoes - cubed
  • A handful of fresh green peas
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger.
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
  •  A pinch of Hing
  • 1/2 tsp Turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • Salt as per taste
  • fresh Coriander for Garnish
How To:
  • Boil green peas over the stove top or in a microwave until tender. Drain & set aside.
  • Meanwhile, heat oil in a Kadhai, splutter cumin seeds. Add a dash of Hing & grated ginger. Saute for a few secs.
  • Add potato cubes, some salt & shallow fry in oil until crisp. Add all the dry powders one by one. Throw in boiled peads & fry for a couple of minutes until the flavours get absorbed.
  • Turn off the stove & serve along with tooth picks .. Add a dash of lemon juice if you like & garnish with fresh coriander

While I was making this, I didn't really expect it to be any different from the dry potato curry that we all make, But it was way different that that .. I would call it a cross between our Desi Pottao Fry & Potato Wedges from McDonalds ... But you will love it for sure ..

18 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

So easy to make & so full of flavors & zing!!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Priti said...

Am loving it ...looks fab and lovely pic

Santosh Bangar said...

lovely chatpati chat

Vardhini said...

Love the presentation. Looks yummy.

Vardhini

Hari Chandana said...

Woww.. looks so delicious and tempting .. Yummy :)
Indian Cuisine

Rachana said...

Mouthwatering chaat. Fab pic :-)

Sheetal said...

Beautiful pic! It looks so temptimg !

notyet100 said...

Umm luv ur click ,drooling here

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Loved the snack. Amazingly prepared.


Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sharmilee! :) said...

Aloo matar chat is new to me...sounds interesting n tempting

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Delicious and inviting recipe,luks gr8!

Tadka Pasta said...

This is such a great chaat, how nice that you didn't deep-fry the spuds!

Prathibha said...

superb n tempting chaat deepthi..looks perfect

chitraj.hegde said...

Wow looks mouth watering...........Can I have one plate plzzzzzzz

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Looks mouth watering, I would love to give it a try as well :)

Laavanya said...

Those potatoes look gorgeous - mouthwatering indeed.

Sweet Artichoke said...

What a lovely blog you have!
this is a delicious recipe and I really like your beautiful pictures!

themustardseed said...

This looks mouthwatering! Great pictures. I loved your collection of chaat recipes! And thank you for stopping by my blog!