I was looking for something that I can make with potatoes & I fumbled upon this recipe. The moment I read this , I knew I would be making it soon ..
It took about 15 minutes for me to make this & the end result was just yummy
You Will Need:
- 2 large Potatoes - cubed
- A handful of fresh green peas
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
- A pinch of Hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt as per taste
- fresh Coriander for Garnish
- Boil green peas over the stove top or in a microwave until tender. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Kadhai, splutter cumin seeds. Add a dash of Hing & grated ginger. Saute for a few secs.
- Add potato cubes, some salt & shallow fry in oil until crisp. Add all the dry powders one by one. Throw in boiled peads & fry for a couple of minutes until the flavours get absorbed.
- Turn off the stove & serve along with tooth picks .. Add a dash of lemon juice if you like & garnish with fresh coriander
While I was making this, I didn't really expect it to be any different from the dry potato curry that we all make, But it was way different that that .. I would call it a cross between our Desi Pottao Fry & Potato Wedges from McDonalds ... But you will love it for sure ..