We get this wonderful variety of green mangoes called Gini Mooti Mavinkayi which literally translates to Parrot Faced Mangoes :-) I don't know, what it is called in other languages though. Please to let me know, if you are aware of it.
These mangoes aren't extactly sour. The skin is not to be peeled off, as it lends a sweet taste to the mangoes.
We love eating these mango slices with some salt & chilli powder rubbed on them. But sometimes I also love to temper them with some mustard seeds, chilli & coriander powder .. YUMM
- 2 Gini Mooti mangoes - washed & diced into small cubes
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A big pinch of Haldi
- 1/2 tsp of coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a small frying pan, heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds & curry leaves
- Add all the dry powders one by one, & mix in the mango cubes.
- Add some salt. On low flame,mix everything together for a minute.
- Turn of the stove & serve ..
Enjoi !!! But do not over indulge as you may end up with some bad cough ..