There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of Soup on a cold winter night. Throw in some pasta along with it & it makes a hearty meal. I had some leftover Penne Pasta from the previous day & it was made into this really delicious soup with roasted bell peppers, tomatoes & basil ..
You Will Need:
- 2 handfuls of Penne Pasta - cooked according to package instructions.
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into halves
- 1 yellow bell pepper - cut into halves
- 2 onions - diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes - diced
- 2 tsp grated Ginger
- 3 garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water/vegetable stock
- 2 tsp garted Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- A few Basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Rub oil on bell peppers. Arrange them on a baking sheet & place them in the highest rack in the oven. Roast for about 30 mins until the skin starts to wrinkle & turn dark brown. Allow them to cool & peel off the skin
- Heat oilve oil in a pan, saute onions, Basil leaves, tomatoes, ginger & garlic. Add some salt & red chilli powder.
- Blend roasted bell peppers, tomatoes & onions into a smooth puree adding very little water if required.
- Return the puree to the pan/soup pot. Add water/stock, Milk & salt. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.( I didn't add any) Simmer on low flame for about mins. Add Pasta & simmer for another mins. If you find the soup thick, add a bit of stock/milk while simmering.
Garnish with Basil leaves & Serve HOT with a crusty bread .. Enjoi !!!
- I should have ideally used smaller shaped Pastas such as Farfalle or Macaroni. Since, I had leftover Penne, I used it ..
- If you don't want to roast the bell peppers, you can even saute them in olive oil along with onions & tomatoes