Baking has gotten real addictive. I've been looking for excuses to bake something new almost everyday :) Yesterday I baked a batch of ginger cookies. I shared them with my neighbour over tea & they got over in no time. So, I had to bake some cookies to go with my evening Chai.
I told you that I don't have a thing for sweet bakes but this recipe looked really good. I saw these cookies at various blogs, it seemed simple enough
Makes about 18-20 cookies
You Will Need:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp - softened butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- In a large bowl, mix wheat flour, almond meal, suagr, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder & salt
- Add Butter & mix well. Add milk as & when needed to knead into a soft dough.
- Pinch small balls & flatten them with your palms.
- Arrange them on a nbaking tray about 1/2 an inch apart. Bake for 18-20 mins until lightly golden
- Remove from the oven & Allow them to cool on a rack. Once cool, store them in air tight jars
Enjoy with your evening tea/coffee
These cookies are not overly buttery but they gave a nice crunch & everything that has butter tastes awesome isnt't it ?? It doesn't take more than 30 mins, to make these (including the baking time ).. Bake them today !!!
- You can garnish with almond slivers before baking
- The original recipe says it yields about 24 cookies, I could get only 19 ( maybe its something to do with size )