So, this Nimbe Saaru/Lemon Rasam was made yesterday
Now, there are plenty of ways to make this one. Its usually made with Toor Dal But I chose to make it with Moong Dal instead. Moong Dal is easy on digestion & It is known to cooling effect on the body. So, its perfect for Summer
You Will Need:
- 1 cup Moog Dal
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- A few curry leaves
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Clean Moong Dal & pressure cook with 2 cuos of water until quite mushy.
- Once cooked, mash with the back of a spoon, transfer to a heavy bottomed pot, Add 4 cups of water, green chillies, Salt, ginger & turmeric powder. Simmer for 10-12 mins
- Turn off the stove & temper with cumin & mustard seeds using Desi Ghee
- Add lemon juice & garnish with fresh coriander.
- You may discard the green chillies if you wish to.
Serve with steamed rice. You may also serve it as a clear soup ..