Wishing you all a Very Happy 2013!!! I know, I am almost late by a week but hey, it's not easy to be blogging with a baby around. In the past one week, I have sat down to write this post about half a dozen times & I am finally here with a new recipe.
The Holiday Season is over long ago but then, we really don't need an excuse to bake some cookies, do we?? So, here it is .. Spiced Ginger Cookies
This is a classic Ginger Cookie recipe - All Spiced up & Crisp. Also, DO NOT flatten the cookie balls before baking. Simply roll a cookie ball in sugar and place on baking sheet.
You Will Need:
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted Butter - Room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- Granulated Sugar for rolling
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper & set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients & set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter & both type of sugars until light & fluffy
- Add vanilla extract & egg yolk & beat until combined. Add Honey & beat further until well combined
- Fold in the dry ingredients & beat until smooth. Cover with a cling film & refregirate for about 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Roll the dough into a tablespoon size balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared sheet. Keep the dough chilled in between batches. Bake cookies for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cool, store in air tight jars & eat as many as you feel like
- The original recipe called for Molasses but I replaced it with Honey. You can also replace it with Maple Syrup.