April 8, 2014

Raw Mango Dal

This space has been silent for a very long time, much longer than intended. I haven't got my blogging mojo back as yet but I will still manage a post once in a while. Also,it's been so long since I wrote something, I have a major writer's block & I seem to have nothing much to say :)

Summer is here & so are the Mangoes. And along with it comes loads of mango based dishes. This Raw Mango Dal is easily one of my favorite summer recipes.

Raw Mango Dal 

My Neighbour makes a killer Mango Dal & this recipe is hers. I have of course tweaked it a little to suit outr taste buds. The only change I have made is the addition of garlic which in my opinion takes this dish to a different level


DSC_1047


How To:

Peel the skin & dice the mangoes & set aside. Pressure cook Toor Dal with a tsp of cooking oil & turmeric along with diced mangoes. Let the pressure drop. once cool, give it a gentle mash. Add 1 cup of water, red chilli powder & some salt & bring to a boil. Add more water if required to bring it to a pouring consistency. Simmer on low flame for 5 mins.

Heat Ghee in a small pan. Temper with cumin seeds along with chopped garlic & dry red chillies. Pour over dal & garnish with fresh coriander before serving.

Serve with warm steamed Rice.  

7 comments:

Nandita SS said...

Goo to see your post deepthi. The dal looks wonderful I am bookmarking the recipe :)

Emilie J said...

Hi,

Your blog has caught our attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Recipes.in so that we could link to your blog.

Recipes.in is a search engine that compiles the best Indian cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

To join Recipes.in, just go to recipes.in/add-your-food-blog

Sincerely,

Emilie
Recipes.in

ricky albert danganan said...

Hello there,

We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in www.mytaste.com/ . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 4million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.

MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 30,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.
Here where you can add your blog to the top list http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know how great a cook you are.

Kind regards
-Ricky
info@mytaste.com

Lakshmi Raj said...

Firstly, I was just reading the comments and was delighted to see this blog having so much of popularity. Truly speaking, this deserves it. The blog maintained is too very well. I think I missed a lot many recipes by not seeing this before. Better late than never!!! I will see from now on.
Coming to the recipe, it is awesome. The raw mango recipe is the first time heard by me and I loved it. I am buying raw mango immediately and will try this out.
Thanks and all the best..

Divinity said...

Nice post, fully informative thanks for sharing

NGO Chennai said...


I like your information,which is very useful for me.

Wellwin ray said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
vegetables online shopping chennai