November 19, 2015

Hot Cocoa Coffee

I usually have very early breakfast so by 10 AM, I am usually hungry again. So, I have gotten into the habit of drinking something warm to curb the hunger pangs. Its usually a glass of Green Tea or sometimes I give in to the temptation & have a cup of Coffee or spiced Tea .. But, today was a Hot Chocolate kinda day

It's been raining continuously since the past week * Bangalore feels like a refrigerator right now So, The weather demands a cup of Hot Chocolate 

DSC_3322


I love Coffee & I live for Chocolate so the best bet is to combine the best of both the worlds & make a Coffee flavoured Hot Chocolate 

There are dozens of variations out there but the recipe is a no brainer. Heat some milk, add chocolate, coffee, sweetener &  spices of your choice & you are done. Top with Marshmallows or whipped cream for a calorie dense version.

You could also make it Vegan by replacing milk with Soy Milk or Nut milk. Totally up to you

Here's how I made an easy peasy version of Hot Cocoa Coffee

YOU WILL NEED:
  • 1 CUP FULL FAT MILK
  • 1 TSP MOCHA FLAVORED INSTANT COFFEE
  • 1 TSP COCOA POWDER OR A SMALL CHUNK OF BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE     (I USED THE LATTER)
  • 1 TSP SUGAR
  • 1/2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT

Hot Chocolate Coffee

To make a quick version, you can make your own Hot Cocoa Mix by adding Instant Coffee, Cocoa Powder, Milk solids & spices in a air tight jar. Just add a spoonful of the mix in Hot water & voila its done in a minute & I think this is any day going to taste better than a store bought Hot Chocolate mix

No comments: