Indian Breads have a class of their own & Paratha !! I haven't come across anyone who does not like them. So many varieties to choose from, paratha lovers are spoilt for choice.Different types of stuffed paratha mainly come from Punjab, the most popular type being Aloo Paratha. The other types of stuffed paratha are Gobi, Methi, Paneer etc. I made Carrot - Rice Paratha because we had too much of leftover rice & we were not in a mood to eat rice. This idea was given by my mom. I reluctantly made this, only to find out that it actually turned out to be super soft, fluffy & very tasty. Also. there is a way to make use of leftover rice now :)
Preparation Time: 20 - 25 mins
- Leftover Rice ( mashed ) - 1 small bowl
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Carrots - 1/4 cup grated
- 2-3 Green chilles - finely chopped
- Cumin/jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Water for kneading
- Mix all the ingredients & knead into soft dough. Add very little water while kneading.
- Divide the dough into 4-5 parts
- Roll the dough evenly, approximately 5 inches in diameter
- Roast on hot gridle till brown spots appear on both the sides
- Smear Ghee/oil/butter
- Serve with Mango Pickle & Yogurt .. Enjoy !!!
Note: You can use Olive oil instead of ghee/oil for a healthier option
Check out the event @ Srivalli's Roti Mela
Thanks Srivalli for hosting such a lovely event.