The Best Ever Chocolate Brownie Cake in a Mug

Friday, March 30, 2018

This might just become your go to answer for those sudden late night chocolate cravings. A Chocolate Brownie Cake in a Mug, done in 90 seconds in the Microwave. 

choose to call this a Brownie Cake rather than just cake as the texture is a cross between a cake & a brownie.

DSC_3280


I was never a big fan of Microwave Mug Cakes to be honest. A few years ago, It was all over the internet & everyone was making these instant mug cakes. 

A version I tried did not turn out well. It was dry & rubbery. I thought that mug cakes looked pretty only in pictures & was clearly not my Mug of Cake :) until, I came across this recipe. I got my hands on this recipe just a couple of days ago &  I made it 3 times in a day, it's that good believe me

It has a good texture, moist & chocolatey, which is a pretty good deal for those 2 minutes that you spend putting this together 

DSC_3287


Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour/Maida
  • 2 or 3 tablespoons Sugar *
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 3 tablespoon neutral flavoured cooking oil
  • 3 tablespoon Milk
  • A pinch of Salt
  • A splash of Vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 2 tablespoons Semi Sweet Chocolate chips 
  • Sprinklers - optional

How To:

In a small wide bowl, add all the ingredients except chocolate chips & mix well with a spoon until well combined. 
You could do this directly in the mug but I find it easier to mix the ingredients in a bowl

Incorporate the chocolate chips. Pour into a medium sized, microwave safe coffee mug. Top with a few chocolate chips & Microwave on high for 90 seconds

Add Sprinklers if using & wait for 3-4 minutes before digging in

You can top it with a bit of whipped cream or a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream & you are in for a treat 

NOTE:

-- * Make sure you use powdered sugar. The first time, I used granulated sugar & I could bite into sugar granules after baking

-- The original recipes states 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder which I felt was way too chocolatey for 3 tablespoons of flour. I've used 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Cocoa instead.

-- Do Not skip using chocolate chips & they melt when you bake it in the microwave keeping the brownie cake moist.

-- If you do not have chocolate chips, use chocolate chunks or break any chocolate you have into small chunks or you can use Nutella 

-- Though, it tastes best when consumed while it is fresh out out the Microwave, I reserved a small portion to test if it stays good. It was reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds. I had expected it to be slightly dry but the texture was still pretty good.

-- Use good quality Cocoa Powder. It makes a difference. I used Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa 

-- The Original recipe is from here 


Chocolate Mug Cake

You Might Also Like

2 comments