Chole-Bature is a very famous combination. I have made this dish a little differently. Usage of tamarind gives it a tangy taste. Combination of fennel seeds & tamarind along with kalonji, gives it a different flavour altogether, making each mouthful a treat.
Do check this dish out.
Preparation Time: 20 - 25 mins
- Chickpeas ( soaked overnight & boiled ) - 400 g
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach - finely chopped
- Tamarind juice - 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds/saunf - 2 tsp
- Nigella seeds/kalonji - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2-3 green chilles
- A pinch of sugar
- Take oil in a kadhai, add fennel seeds & nigella seeds
- After it splutter, add green chillies
- Add onions & saute for 5 mins
- Add tomatoes & chilli powder
- Add chopped spinach
- Saute till oil separates
- Add boiled chickpeas, salt & a pinch of sugar
- Cook on low flame for 10 mins
- Add garam masala powder
- Mix well, garnish with cilantro
- Serve Hot with rotis/batura ... Enjoi !!!
Sig from Live to Eat is hosting, the JFI event for this month, for the ingredient Tamarind - Jihva for Tamarind.
I will be sending 'Tamarind Chickpeas with Spinach' as my entry for the event. Check out the event @ Jihva For Tamarind
Thank you for hosting such lovely events.
Since this dish contain Chickpeas & Spinach which are rich in proteins, Off this goes to Sangeeth's Place for the event Eat Healthy - Protein Rich
Thanks Sangeeth for hosting :)