August 22, 2008

Banana - Mango Smoothie


I somehow thought Smoothie was some kind of a diet drink & was only for calorie concious people & never bothered to try it out.

After my workout at the gym, I tagged along with a friend of mine to the mall for our regular shopping. We noticed a new juice junction & realised how thirsty we were after the workout. My health conscious friend happened to order a Smoothie, while I ordered my regular Chocolate Milkshake with Ice-Cream ( My workout for the day went in vain !! )

My friend insisted that I take a sip of her smoothie, I tasted awesome .. I realised what I was missing all these days .. And now Iam a BIG Smoothie fan.

My favourite is the Banana-Mango smoothie. Smoothies are slightly thicker in consistency than milkshakes. A smoothie is very refreshing on a hot day & after tiring workouts.

Here's my favourite smoothie recipe,

You will need:
  • 1 Banana - cut into chunks

  • 1/2 a slice of Mango - any variety - peeled & cubed

  • 2 tsp - brown sugar
  • 1 cup yogurt

  • 1/4 cup chilled milk

  • Ice cubes

Method:

  1. Blend together Banana chunks, Mango cubes, sugar, yogurt & milk until smooth

  2. Pour into tall glassed, Top with ice cubes, serve chilled

Enjoi !!!

I went a step ahead & made my smootie extra healthy by adding low-fat yogurt & skimmed milk. I could'nt afford to drink more of chocolate milkshakw with ice cream & ruin my workouts !! Whenever I go out, I always order a smoothie now.

Smoothie is the BEST :)

Off goes my smoothie to Sangeeth's Event, Eat Healthy - Calcium Rich

Thanks Sangeeth for hosting :)

29 comments:

Priti said...

Mango and banana...its is quite a different combo....looks gud..sometime going try this :)..

Sangeeth said...

great smoothie dear..thanks for sending it to my event

mitr_bayarea said...

mango with banana smoothis is real tasty...good one.

Paru ... said...

Great combo..I love this smoothi..Looks Yummy..

Illatharasi said...

Good one... looks delicious:)

sowmya said...

looks delicious..nice combo..

notyet100 said...

HII,..LOOKS NICE AND YUM.I GUESS U CAN SEND FOR SRILEKHAS EVENT,..HOW U DNG,..?HPPY WEEKEND,BLOGGING AND JANMASTHMI...CEEYA SOON,..

david santos said...

Good menu and good food!!!
Congratulations.

Uma said...

Yes, smoothie is the best! I am a fan of smoothies too. (but not for health reasons, for the taste, he he). Banana Mango smoothie looks so delicious being served in a beautiful glass.

Laavanya said...

I'm a big fan of smoothies too and use low fat yogurt - very satisfying and pretty healthy too. The banana and mango are a great combination.

Sireesha said...

Gr8 combo..Looks awesome.....

Shillu said...

Interesting combination. the pic looks perfect!

Suma Rajesh said...

i lov smoothy taste..its just heavenly..

Sameera.. said...

Looove smoooothie... esp the banana-strawberry one ! Try it out -- you're bound to luuuv it :)
Best Rgds,
Sam !

Vibaas said...

Thanks for your comment. Smoothie looks great! I don't like bananas and i love mangoes,so i have to try this combo. Maybe this will make me take bananas too :-)

Aparna Inguva said...

Looks awesome veggie! I kept away from smoothies too but for a different reason. Mixing yogurt and fruit was just not my thing until I tried the flavored yogurts. I still stick to milkshakes. But this combos is too irresistible!

Lakshmi said...

thats a great combo..never would've thought of mango with banana..its looks nice.

Swati said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog..You have a wonderful blog here and its sheer pleasure to see the lovely collection of recipes..
The smoothie is delicious...

Nidhi said...

Banana and Mango combo for smoothie is an interesting combination. Smoothies indeed are the best!

LG said...

slurrrrp....sakkathagi ide ri .....

Purva Desai said...

smoothies are my hubby's fav too....
The glass full of yumm smoothie is really tempting...

Sireesha said...

There is small treat for u at my blog:))

Suma Rajesh said...

a small treat for u in my blog..collect it soon :)

Divya said...

Nice post for the event... by the way do you know how to make ice cream with the same combo in an ice cream maker?

Kumudha said...

Looks great!

okra in soy sauce looks very tasty. I too love okra in any form.

SriLekha said...

looks great!

Curry Leaf said...

Hi VegPlatter,
You have been tagged,Thanks for visiting my site
Visit
http://tastycurryleaf.blogspot.com/2008/08/awardsfriendship-meme.html

Yasmeen said...

I agree vegplatter smoothies are the best!

Sunshinemom said...

Should have tasted great! You could always do a few extra minutes on the treadmill, BTW:)