My mother makes this amazing rice dish out of rough lemon. We call it Heralekayi Chitranna in Kannada. Even though the taste is tangy, it tastes different from lemon rice.
Here is the recipe:
Preparation Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 cup Rice - Cooked
- 1 Rough Lemon
- 2 Green Chilles - low/medium spiced - chopped
- A handful of groundnuts
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- A few curry leaves
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomes pan & add Mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds pop & splutter, add urad dal, channa dal, Curry leaves & groundnuts
- Add green chillies & a Pinch of turmeric, to add color
- Add cooked rice on top
- Squeeze in rough lemon juice.
- Add salt according to taste & Mix well & Serve
I shall be sending this recipe to Anisheetu's Blog for the event SWC-Karnataka .. Thanks for hosting :)