I love salads, from the simplest to the most complex .. I was never particularly fond of them while growing up. I remember my mother's perpetual coaxing to get me to eat salads. Salads were a big No No in my menu. My love affair with salads began during my early college days when I was overzealously trying to get rid of the excess flab, amassed over years of gorging on those countless chaats, fried goodies & not to forget those pasteries . . Once I fell in love with them, there was no looking back.
I usually experiment with most vegetables & herbs & include them in my daily diet.
The one that I have for you today is a very simple mexican salad that I make quite often. Its a perfect mix of legumes & vegetables.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
You Will Need:
- 1 cup french beans
- 1 cup american sweet corn
- 1 cup red kidney beans/rajma - soaked overnight or for 5-6 hours
- 1 cup haricot beans/white kidney beans - soaked overnight or for 5-6 hours
- 1 small red onion - finely chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook french beans, kidney beans & haricot beans
- Cook sweet corn on stove top until tender
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Add vinegar & salt as per taste
- Toss well & serve
Can be served as an evening snack too . . . Enjoi !!!
Thanks Divya & Sra & Susan for hosting.