Today I have for you a super easy fruit salad, made with banana chunks, coconut & jaggery. This is more of a traditional salad made during the olden days mainly as an offering to God, I made this today for Maha Shivratri ...
You Will Need:
- 3 Bananas ( any variety ) - cut into round chunks
- 2 tbsp grated jaggery
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp almonds - chopped
- Mix in banana chunks, grated jaggery, grated coconut in a large bowl
- Garnish with chopped almonds
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving
If you want to cut down on custard & sugar in fruit salads, then this is for you ..
This one does taste different from the regular fruit salads. The slight sweetness from jaggery & creamy coconut coats well with banana & chopped almonds add a nice cruch. I sometimes have this as an evening snack too ..
- Serve as a dessert topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Though, traditional Rasayana calls for bananas, you could add other fruits like apple, pineapple, orange, grapes etc. to this