These fresh from oven triangles pre-brushed with olive oil & coated with herbs pair up with dips really well, & makes a crunchy munchy snack.
I had a ripe Avocado craving for attention, not wanting to make the usual Guacamole or Salsa, I tried my hand at Avocado Yogurt Dip
It turned out creamier than the usual guacamole because of the addition of yogurt. Ground cumin & thyme did add a dash of fresh taste.
If you have guests coming over, this is perfect party material.
You Will Need:
- 1 Haas ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 red onion - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the avocado lengthwise into halves. De seed & scoop out the avocado from the peel & put it into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Make sure to retain a few chunks.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies & garlic
- Add yogurt & salt & mix well
- Sprinkle ground cumin & dried thyme
- Cover the bowl with a lid to prevent oxidation
- Refrigerate for 30 - 40 mins for the flavors to infuse
Serve with Pita chips, tortillas, veggies or even use in sandwiches as a spread .. Enjoi !!!
- Bury the Avocado pit in the Guacamole before refrigerating it. This will prevent Guacamole from turning brown. Do remember to remove the pit before serving :)
- If you don't have yogurt, you can use sour cream instead
This goes to Mahimaa's Event 15 Minute Cooking !!!