There is really nothing new about this recipe, its really really simple to make, with some basic stuff. I added a bit of dried rosemary for that nice hint of herbs.
- 1 cup Baby Corn - Quartered & cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Carrots - Cut into thin strips
- 2 potatoes - cut into thin strips
- 1 cup green peas - fresh/frozen
- 4 -5 chopped green chillies - low to medium spiced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add mustard seeds & allow it to pop & splutter. Add chopped green chillies & saute for about 20 secs
- Add carrots & potatoes & saute for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle some water & add a little bit of salt & close the lid. Keep sauteing in between to avoid them from getting burnt.
- When the carrots & potatoes are half done, add baby corn, Add a tsp of oil & close the lid again & keep sauteeing in between.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked & firm, add green peas & let it cook.
- Add dried rosemary & check for salt. & mix well
Serve with HOT rotis or fried rice .. Enjoi !!!
We loved biting into those crunchy baby corn. The tender carrots & green peas were quite a contrast & added a nice bite. Next time, I might even add some french beans to this. We had this with some warm rotis & enjoyed a simple meal.
- Replace green chillies with red chilli powder & add a hint of Garam Masala instead of dried rosemary
- Make sure that the vegetables are not overcooked & mushy. They taste good when they are crunchy & firm