As a kid, I never ate much of Tindora, all thanks to the belief that eating Tindora made one's brain less sharper. I was anyways not so good at mathematics, so I never let my mum get this home. Now, that I have finished the studying phase, I get this more often.
Tindora paired with cashews make a real good curry. Anything that has cashews has to taste great, right? This is a specialty of the Mangalore region in Karnataka & We just love Mangalore cuisine.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Tindora - washed & quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup cashews
- 3-4 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp grated coconut - fresh (More if you prefer)
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, splutter mustard seeds & add curry leaves
- Add chopped tindora & fry for a couple of minutes
- To this, add cashewnuts & half a tsp of salt & saute till tindora is completely cooked. Do Not over cook the vegetable as it tendsto get mushy.
- Check for salt & add grated coconut & mix well
The cashews add a lovely rich taste to this otherwise usual curry. Make this for your guests, they will love it. Do not make, if you are on a Diet :)
Have Fun :)