The other day, I was all by myself & I made this super easy Pasta Salad for lunch. This one is packed with nutrition & is very filling.
I am quite fond of penne pasta, but you can pretty much use whichever you like. I used wholewheat pasta, so the fibre part is taken care of. Next time, I might use tri-color shell pasta to add more color.
You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 cups Penne Pasta - I used wholewheat pasta
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot - julienned
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup cheese
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Chopped cilantro - for garnish
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. Drain & set aside
- Blanch the vegetables till cooked yet firm.
- Heat oilve oil in a pan, roast the blanched vegetables for about 3 minutes. Throw in grated cheese & toss to coat
- Add cooked pasta & mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve warm & Enjoi !!!