- 1 cup Bengal Gram
- 1 cup Black Gram
- 1 cup dry coconut/kopra/kobbari - Grated
- 25 - 30 dried Red chillies - Byadagi Variety
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- Tamarind - A small lemon sized ball / 1 tbsp Dry Tamarind powder
- 1 1/2 cups - Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp - Hing/asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- Dry roast Bengal Gram & Black Gram separately until they are aromatic & turn slightly reddish.
- Roast Red chillies separately with 1 tsp oil until slightly brown
- Roast curry leaves with 1 tsp oil for 2 mins
- Dry roast grated dry coconut until it turns slightly reddish
- Roast Tamarind for a minute
- Mix all the roasted indredients along with jaggery, asafoetida & salt
- Gring coarsely into powder. DO NOT powder it very smooth as it will not taste very good.
Serve with Idli/Dosa/Rice/Upma/Curd Rice or just about anything .. ENJOI !!!
NOTE: You can alter the taste by adding more jaggery if you want this mix to be slightly sweet. You can also add less/more curry leaves as per your taste.