September 26, 2010

Green Tea

I was reading the newspaper over a cuppa Chai this morning, & I gathered that today the 26th Sept. is World Heart Day.  And, I was shocked to read that every 12 seconds, 1 person in across the globe experiences a heart attack .. Scary Isn't it??

While, I am not overly obsessed with eating healthy stuff all the time, A good trait I picked up over the years is drinking Green Tea.

Consumption of Green Tea is  known to lower blood cholestrol concentration & blood pressure, thereby giving protection against cardiovascular diseases. Green Tea also contains significant amonuts of Folic Acid which reduces the risk of heart diseases & cancer.

Green Tea

I was talking to a lady at the gym the other day & I learnt that not many people know how to brew a perfect cup of Green Tea. Its not rocket science but a slight mistake can make the tea bitter.

Here's how to brew your perfect Green Tea:

You Will Need;


  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp Green Tea leaves or 1 Green Tea Bag
  • 1/2 tsp sugar or 1 tsp Honey (optional)

How To:

  • In a tea pot, heat water. Just before it comes to a rolling boil, turn off the flame.
  • Add Tea leaves or Tea Bag. Let it soak for 2 mins & NOT more than that
  • Strain & Pour into a mug
  • Add Sugar or Honey & give it a stir .. Enjoi !!!

You will not fall in love with Green Tea at the very first try, Its an accquired taste.  I drink atleast 2 cups of Green Tea everyday. One, right after I get back from the gym & another cup on the evening. They have plenty of flavours to choose from. Chamomile, Jasmine, Mint, Lemon & loads of others. I have about 3 flavours stored in my pantry right now ..

If it can do a bit for your Heart then why not ??? Make it a habit to include Green Tea in your diet & do remember to exercise .. Protect your Heart !!!

17 comments:

Satya said...

i do believe the same as its very important to have a healthy diet for healthy heart ...i also want to share one Tip by adding lime juice the strength of green tea increases 10 time according to scientific research..love ur cup of green tea

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Tanvi said...

same pich deesha ...I also love my cuppa green tea with a dash of honey and lime juice...your pic is sooo relaxing to the eye!:)

Sayantani said...

my hubby is very fond of green tea and drinks this as it is. I never liked the slight bitter taste but this addtion of lime juice and honey sounds great.

Jagruti જાગૃતિ said...

lovely info on green tea...!pics looks great!!

Kairali sisters said...

Thats a cup of goodness you have up there..Looks very soothing...

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Good tip on being heart healthy! Easy one!

Cynthia said...

I too like green tea. That is such a beautiful cup.

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Lovely click,never tasted it,but heard its very healthy!

Sharmilee! :) said...

This is so gud...and nice info on green tea

Priya said...

Am having green tea since a year almost daily, lovely cup..its really healthy..

Sush said...

I too love some flavors of green tea. Great picture Deesha.

Paaka Shaale said...

Great snap deesha. Even I shall start drinking green tea from now pon.

notyet100 said...

quiet informative thanks

Rachana said...

I love green tea (without sugar) and have it quite often.

I loved the click, Deesha.

callezee said...

Green tea is the usual one i drink,The major difference i felt is my glowing skin and healthy hair..

Pushpa said...

Beautiful picture Deesha,we have a lot of green tea...love it.

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

Uma said...

nice healthy tea. Tempting cup!!